Thursday 15 June 2017

Dream 834

'Bad Writing Course'
Date: 9 June 2017
Time: 22:30 - 06:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: A Learning Institution - Day
I was at a school or university and I had signed up for a writing course. The course was a degree level course and very expensive. I had already paid the tuition fees in full. I had also bought some glasses for the course. These glasses had thick square black rims, but the bottom was just the lens, no rims. I saw myself (from the cheeks to the forehead only) in close up third-person perspective, wearing the glasses. The bottom of the lens were resting on my cheeks, which seemed very red in the dream. When I enrolled on the course, I became aware that the work would be too simplistic for me. I was over-qualified and this would be a waste of my time and money. I wanted a refund for the course and the glasses, but I was unable to get one. This made me angry, because it meant I would have to do the course and keep the glasses, despite this not being what I wanted.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Education

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was signed up for another university course, despite already doing my PhD
  • I wore glasses in the dream
  • I saw myself in third-person perspective

Day Residue: 
  • At my university I am working with a student who is doing a creative writing course

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was very frustrating, as I was aware that I did not have money to waste, and I was stuck registered on a course I did not want to do, with glasses I did not want nor need and no way of getting my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment