Friday 14 April 2017

Dream 807

'Bad Advocacy'
Date: 13 April 2017
Time: 01:30 - 09:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Weak recall 

Scene 1: A Hall, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I can only recall one scene from this dream. I was in a large hall, which looked like a school gym - it had a polished floor and there was no furniture visible in the room other than a long bench on which I was sitting, along with a number of other dream characters, and a desk, a short distance away, adjacent to the bench, which had a group of older male dream characters sat behind it. I do not think any of these dream characters are known to me in real life. 

I was representing a young male defendant, who was on trial. All I recall about him was that he was white and dressed casually. I am not sure what crime he was alleged to have committed. The men sitting at the bench were the judges. I am not sure of what roles were being performed by the other dream characters present.

I remained sitting on the bench, while my client, the criminal defendant stood up, next to me. The judges were asking him questions - it seemed as if they were cross-examining him. I found the whole incident to be very funny and was not taking anything seriously. I cannot recall what the defendant was asked, but I whispered to him (loud enough to be audible to the judges), telling him what to answer. The answer I told him was about 'cumming' (male ejaculation specifically). He gave this answer. When asked another question by the judges, I again whispered an answer to the defendant, telling him to say something about penises or ejaculation. I could tell that the judges were getting angry with me and I was just sitting there laughing to myself, while encouraging the defendant to make lewd sexual statements. I received some form of warning from the judges, that I must stop fooling around and being offensive in court. They asked a final question to the defendant and I said to him: 'Say pre-cum. It looks like pre-cum' (I am not sure what 'looked like pre-cum') but my client repeated what I told him. One of the judges exploded in anger and shouted that the defendant was guilty - this was my fault for being such a poor advocate and I knew this. The defendant went to stand in the middle of the room - it was time for him to mitigate before sentence. He looked at me as if silently pleading for my help. I asked the judges if I could give his plea in mitigation, but they told me that he would have to do this himself because I was banned from speaking anymore in court that day. I knew that the defendant would not be able to give a good plea in mitigation and would end up getting a heavy sentence. I did feel guilty about this, but still found the whole event humorous.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream - I know that there was more detail involved, but I have forgotten all other information.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • A school gym as a dream scene location

Dreamsigns: 
  • The court and my actions during a trial

Day Residue: 
  • The day before this dream I had mentioned some pro bono legal work I had been performing during a conversation with DL

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was really funny - I was amused during the dream and when I woke up from it. I sometimes think that my rather provocative personality and demeanour have affected my legal career and I think that this dream reflects this. I really wish I could remember more about this dream and I hope that some of my recall comes back because I did enjoy the very brief scene I have been able to retrieve from my memory. If I recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment