Wednesday 12 April 2017

Dream 804

'Autistic Spectrum Sarah Jessica Parker & Crocodile Trees'
Date: 10 April 2017
Time: 21:00 - 09:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Vivid recall 

Scene 1: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Day
I was in my Nan's house, in the 'front room', which is actually facing the back garden of the house and is a second reception room, which is mainly used for storing my Nan's collectable items/photos. I was with RT - a former colleague from my university who used to do the same legal pro bono role as myself. We were standing by the door of the room, looking at a photograph on the sideboard, which was of my friend, R3A (who RT does not know). RT was telling me that she was in love with R3A and I was not happy about this, because I felt she had bad intentions towards him. I was trying to tell her that she did not know him and that because I know him, I wasn't going to let her ruin his life (I am not sure what she was planning to do specifically). The argument between us got heated and I was shouting at her to 'leave him alone'. RT and I then both went outside, planning to go somewhere, which felt like it might be a holiday of some sort. The transport was a white, open-topped vehicle - almost like a motorised carriage, with 2 white padded benches in the back. R3A was sitting there and there was a space beside him. I fought with RT to sit beside R3A, because 'I knew him and she did not' - she relented and I sat beside him in the back of the vehicle.

I found myself in my Nan's house again, in the 'back room', looking out of the window, with DL. It felt like this room was on the first floor, because we were looking 'down' at the garden from a height. It was a sunny day outside. We could see over the hedge into the neighbour's garden on the right. There was a gnarled and falling tree - with no leaves, just rotted and twisted branches, looking very dead - in the neighbour's garden. It looked like it had collapsed. As we watched, this tree turned into a giant crocodile/alligator, of the same colour (light brown) and texture of the tree. This crocodile/alligator (in the dream I did not know which it was) then climbed over the hedge into my Nan's back garden. I shouted out to my Nan to come and see what was happening outside, feeling scared and anxious. 

Scene 2: SJP's Closet, Norwich - Day
I was then aware that I was Sarah Jessica Parker and I was standing in a large walk-in wardrobe, which was the size of 2 adjoining rooms, separated by a small walkway. The wardrobe was filled with shelves of clothing. In the wardrobe was my 'assistant', who was a white transvestite/drag queen, wearing a blonde wig and heavy makeup. She was tall and very thin. I said something to her, and she handed me a yellow mug. 

I left the wardrobe and found that I was on the far side of the lake on my university campus, walking along the walkway, towards an area which has a bench and a jetty. Instead of the bench, there was now a picnic table. I am not sure if I was 'me' or Sarah Jessica Parker at this point. I sat down at the picnic table, joining 2 unknown dream characters who were seated there. We started to have a conversation about Sarah Jessica Parker/me - the dream characters were telling me that she was on the autistic spectrum. Confused as to who I was, I wondered if they were talking about 'me', so I said: 'I might be on the spectrum'. I was still in possession of the yellow mug. 

I think there may have been more content to this dream, which I am unable to recall at present.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • R3A as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • Almost all the events of this dream are dreamsigns

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had watched an episode of Masterchef on which there was a Russian contestant - RT has Russian family and one of the last conversations I had with her was about Russian food
  • On the day of this dream I had seen an online photograph of 2 dead-looking trees which had grown into one another, forming a single intertwined tree with 2 trunks
  • A short while before this dream, DL and I had been discussing popular/common dream themes and I had mentioned that crocodile/alligator dreams are very popular/common, even though this is quite unusual. Many people search my Blog looking for possible interpretations for this dream theme - I have an article - Interpreting popular dream themes (4) - Crocodiles & Alligators (click on this link and page will open in a new window)
  • A short time before this dream I had read an online article about a tourist who had his leg bitten off after swimming in an African lake which was infested with crocodiles
  • On the day of this dream I had read an article about Sarah Jessica Parker - and a few days previously had read an article about the 'Russian Barbie' (Valeria Lukyanova) in which she criticised Sarah Jessica Parker for being ugly. I am currently in the process of writing a separate column, slightly parodying that of Sarah Jessica Parker's character ('Carrie Bradshaw') in Sex and the City. In Sex and the City, season 6, Carrie dates an artist who she refers to as 'The Russian'
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching a documentary about Michael Alig and the Club Kids and another about Leigh Bowery - both of which contained images of transvestites/drag queens
  • DL often tells me that I seem like I am 'on the spectrum'

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was so weird, yet enjoyable. Analysing the content, it is really interesting to see how my Day Residue combined in this vivid and complex dream, where I seem to be questioning my own identity and getting confused. 

I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I remember anything else, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment