Thursday 6 April 2017

Dream 802

'Incomplete Assignments'
Date: 5 April 2017
Time: 06:00 - 09:40 (I woke up from this dream due to being disturbed by a window cleaner)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
NN and I were both given an assignment to do as part of some course we were both on. The assignments were similar, but different and we had the information on pieces of paper. I think the assignments were related to precious stones of some sort, as there was a drawing of a gemstone on the piece of paper I had. I was a little confused as to when the assignments needed to be handed in. 

NN and I had to travel to a new location (I do not know where) - it was a very nice location which appeared to be a small town where we would be staying until we had completed the assignment. We did some things in this town, which I cannot recall (as I was woken suddenly from this dream). I think we ate some cake and talked to some of the local people. I think my stepdad, GM may also have been present in this town. I think there was a cake involved in part of this dream.

NN prioritised completing her assignment. I think we had to go somewhere specifically so that she could do this, meaning there was not enough time left for me to do my own. I was really angry and was arguing with NN about this, but she was nonchalant and did not care. I asked her when the assignments were to be handed in and she said: '26th June' which in the dream was some time away. She then changed her mind and said '2nd May', which in the dream was the very next day. This made me even more angry as I felt that she just didn't care. I was telling other people how she was being selfish and also lying to me about the deadline for the assignment. 

I had a phone call from R3A. He told me that he was in the same town as NN and I and wanted to meet me. I was telling him that I did not want to meet him as I was too angry about the situation with NN and the assignment, and R3A was surprised that I would not meet him. He shouted at me down the phone and I was trying to remain calm and not get angry at him too. 

I cannot remember what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • R3A as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • NN and I were on the same course, doing an unusual assignment
  • It was May

Day Residue: 
  • On the day before this dream I had seen an online article about birthstones
  • On the day of this dream I had seen NN post something on her Facebook
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing the holiday my flatmate had just returned from
  • I have not completed an assignment I had set out to do

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was very vivid, long and complex - so it is a shame that I have forgotten large amounts of the detail due to the manner in which I was suddenly woken by the window cleaners. The entire dream seemed to be about the assignment and my annoyance at working with NN and not being able to do my own assignment while she completed her own. I am an academic person and NN has never been academic or interested in further education. Due to the fact that this was such a vivid dream, I may recall further details about it throughout the day, as often happens when I have a good initial recall of my dream. If I remember anything else, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment