Wednesday 8 March 2017

Dream 789

'Special Tartan'
Date: 5 March 2017
Time: 00:30 - 08:45 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: An Unknown Interior - Time Unknown
I was with my Mum. I was worried that I might be pregnant (no indication of who the potential father-to-be might be), and kept saying that I hold do a home pregnancy test, but my Mum was stopping me, telling me that I could do it later. I was very keen to take the test now and find out - my anxiety was strong, and I was frustrated that every time I mentioned that it would only take me a few minutes to urinate on the test, my Mum was preventing/persuading me from doing so. The only thing that I can recall about this location was that there were some navy velvet sofas in quite a dark room.

Scene 2: An Unknown Interior - Time Unknown
I was then in a different location, entering a room in which I found R3A and a white female dream character with light brown hair. She reminded me of someone - maybe a female I went to high school with, but it is not possible for me to identify who, In the dream, this female was called 'Charlotte'. R3A was sitting on a chair or some other surface and Charlotte was straddled him, in a sexual way. I said something to the effect of I would leave them alone, but R3A told me to stay. I assumed that he was trying to get me to have a threeway (threesome/menage-a-trois) with them. I found Charlotte to be very unattractive. I said something to R3A about me not thinking Charlotte was pretty and R3A ended up telling her to get off his lap so that he could speak to me. 

It then felt like we were watching a scene set in the hallway of a high school - there were a lot of dream characters walking down a hall with lockers on either side. There were a number of girls in with their backs to us - each of these girls was wearing a kilt/skirt made of a red tartan material. Each of the skirts was a different style/length. I pointed to the girl wearing the shortest miniskirt and said to R3A: 'That's the one I would have worn'. I then asked R3A if (given he is Scottish) he has a family/clan tartan. He said: 'No, my family only moved here to farm potatoes'. I accepted this answer and we continued to have a conversation.

Scene 3: Unthank Road, Norwich - Day
I was in a car - I may have still been with R3A, because it felt like I had gone somewhere with someone I had just been with. It felt like we were parked in the street on Unthank Road, near a turning into another road, by the laundrette, although this area looked very different from usual - I think that the actual place I have associated with this spot may be further down the road from where the laundrette was, and on the opposite side of the road, so my waking consciousness is just as confused as to the place my dreaming mind was imagining the laundrette used to be. It was just that it reminded me of this location. This location was a place we were visiting 'on holiday' - it was a bright sunny day. Looking at the building which gave me the thoughts of the Unthank Road laundrette (see Google Maps image, below), I noticed that it was bright white and on the second story, there was a huge window which stretched from ceiling-to-floor for the entire length of the building. Inside was a scene involving a female dressed in red. I am not quite sure what we were looking at - it seemed to be some kind of living advertisement. Just underneath this window scene, where the sign for the laundrette would normally be, was the word: 'AMERICA' in huge bold lettering. I realised that we were actually in America, and the scene was the 'airport welcome'. We moved down to the road a very short distance away and parked again. I was not driving the car, I am not sure who was. The street was very busy with traffic and pedestrians walking on the pavements. I was glad to be on holiday 'in America'.

Scene 4: A Computer Game
I was then watching a computer game, as if I was inside the game itself. The game was like the complex interior of something  - it reminded me of the tesseract in Interstellar (2014), but more brightly coloured and cartoon-like. The 'character' looked a lot like 'Buzz Lightyear' from Toy Story which I have not actually seen. This character flew on his side, with one arm stretched out in front of him, like Superman. I am not sure of what the aim of this game was. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • R3A as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The events of Scene 1 - there is no way I could be pregnant currently and my Mum was acting in an unusual way
  • The way R3A and I were able to see 'into' a school hallway
  • Unthank Road, Norwich was suddenly 'America' - the entire events of Scene 3 were a dreamsign
  • I experienced a computer game from inside

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I discovered a new show, Camping (2016) from Julia Davis (who I love). There is a scene in which Julia Davis' character wears a red tartan plaid shirt - and I wondered if they had a similar design in Primark where I get my other plaid shirts as I liked the red pattern. In this dream, the red tartan (on the girls' skirts) was exactly the same as that on Julia's plaid shirt
  • I had mentioned the phrase 'potatohead' to DL in a conversation shortly before this dream (in relation to my 'Scottish Bae', Ewan McGregor)
  • My last dream, Dream 788 - 'Nigella on a Horse' was illustrated by an image with an American flag in the background
  • I saw a reference to Matthew McConaughey in an online article on the day of this dream

Waking Reactions: 
I really enjoyed this dream as it was so vivid and easily recalled. I thought the bizarreness of this dream was very interesting and the one thing I noticed about this dream (more so than a lot of my other dreams) was the brightness of the colour - everything was very saturated and uplifting to look at. The amount of Day Residue (in particular the red tartan) and how it was woven into the narrative of my dream was very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment