Sunday 8 January 2017

Dream 752

'Shark?'
Date: 7 January 2017
Time: 03:30 - 11:00 (I woke up from this dream due to notifications on my phone)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Very weak recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
This dream was very vivid and detailed when I was dreaming it, but unfortunately, I was woken up by notifications on my phone, meaning that I forgot the dream almost immediately upon waking, because I did not record it. All day I have had nagging thoughts about the dream - if you are familiar with the phrase 'on the tip of my tongue' referring to something forgotten which is just out of reach of memory, this is how my dream memory feels in relation to this particular dream. I will record the minimal details I can recall from this dream and hope that more resurface later, so that I can record it more fully. 

  • There was some kind of task - this involved something happening, and then returning back to a place from the earlier part of the dream. I recall feeling annoyed/burdened by the task and not wanting to do it, but being under an obligation
  • There was a male dream character - I knew him in the dream, or had been introduced to him in the dream - but I do not think it is someone known to me in waking reality
  • I think family members were involved in this dream - my Mum and my Nan?
  • There was a cake involved
  • There was a shark involved
  • There was space/aliens involved

Extra Information: 
  • I took 100mg of Vitamin B6 several hours before I went to bed
  • I did 2 hours of heavy weightlifting exercise several hours before bed

  • Recurrent Dream Themes: 
    • My Mum and Nan as dream characters

    Dreamsigns: 
    • Sharks and aliens

    Day Residue
    • The day before this dream I had started compiling an alphabetical list for the interpretation of dream symbols - I had written up 'abduction' and when searching for an appropriate illustrative image had found several relating to alien abduction
    • I had read a speculative online article which claimed that the majority of people who believe they have been abducted by aliens  have the blood type Rhesus Negative and went so far as to claim that those with this blood type may have descended from aliens
    • On the day before this dream I saw an online article about someone who was attacked by a shark after using an anti-shark bite device of some kind
    • On the day before this dream I had seen an online photograph of shark attack survivor Bethany Hamilton

    Waking Reactions: 
    I know I have forgotten the majority of this dream, but if I recall anything further, I will record it below. I am therefore unable to say whether the content seems relevant to my Dream Incubation Experiment.

    Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:


    No comments:

    Post a Comment