Monday 12 December 2016

Dream 741

'Female Competition'
Date: 11 December 2016
Time: 00:30 - 09:30 (I woke up from this dream due to a fire alarm test)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Sheringham - Day 
I think I was in Sheringham, but I am not actually sure as I have forgotten various details of this dream. I recall that there were 2 main 'scenes' or elements of this dream - and both were connected by theme.

In the first scene, I was aware that my colleague CR was attempting to get intimate with EG, someone I briefly dated a while ago and someone who CR does not know in real life. I was angry about this fact, thinking she was 'moving into my territory'. I discussed this with DL - and he referred to the fact EG (who he does not know in real life) is originally from an African country. This conversation may have taken place on a phone.

There was some action around shopping or obtaining some items. I cannot recall specifically. 

Scene 2: An Exterior - Day
I was then aware that PS was going to start dating AWB again and this made me very unhappy. I was trying to place obstacles in the path of their emerging relationship, out of jealousy. A conversation with PS took place outside in this location, where we were surrounded by rolling green hills and trees. I was telling him that he should be with me instead, and he agreed, but said he could not let AWB down, as she needed him. I wanted to talk to AWB and tell her that she could not have PS - she was in a different location (London) from where PS and I were. PS was going back to London to be with her, this making me feel angry and frustrated. I referred to the fact she was now disabled (true in real life) and PS told me that he was going to be her carer.

I then 'remembered' a previous dream in which AWB was a main dream character, albeit transformed into a half human/half baboon-type being. When recalling this dream, it felt like these were 'real life events', not a memory of a past dream. This dream was Dream 506 - 'Two Boyfriends and Lots of Bad Behaviour!' (quite coincidentally, as I only noticed this, while writing up this particular dream and searching through my Dream Journal to find the earlier dream. However this current dream also features 2 boyfriends and a little bit of bad behaviour! To add more strangeness, the past dream also took place within a Dream Incubation Experiment too - the 14 Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream.

This scene was much more detailed than I can recall. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream, as although it felt vivid when I was dreaming it, because I was awoken suddenly by an unexpected fire alarm test, I forgot many of the details.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Sheringham as a dream scene location
  • My ex-boyfriends
  • Jealousy

Dreamsigns: 
  • I recalled events in a past dream, as if they were memories of a real life incident

Day Residue: 
  • I have recently become aware that AWB is now disabled. I was reading her Blog. She hates me because I didn't want her to date PS after me and I made those feelings clear, but there were many reasons behind this which I won't detail here, but it wasn't as straightforward as me just being jealous or hostile; since she has been disabled, I have wanted to reach out to her and let her know that events in the past were motivated by scenarios she might relate to now we have both moved on; and to show her that I understand some of what she is currently going through (as indicated in her Blog posts)

Waking Reactions: 
This dream seemed to suggest I wanted to be back with my ex-boyfriend (PS) and also had the strong theme of not wanting my exes to move on to new people. I am not sure how much the content relates to my current Dream Incubation Experiment. However, it was very interesting to experience a memory of a dream within this dream - and then discover the strange coincidences which I was not consciously aware of until I went back through my Dream Journal to find the past dream from last year.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment