Monday 5 December 2016

Dream 736

'I Hate Writing in Pencil'
Date: 3 December 2016
Time: 21:00 - 06:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A University/Classroom - Day
I was in a classroom, aware that it was nearly 'break time' - I was looking out of the window, which was in front of the desk I was sitting at - I could see that it was sunny outside. Next to me was SMH - a girl from my high school who I have not seen (nor thought about) since that time. She asked me if I could sign her passport application. I said that I wasn't sure if I was authorised to do this, and she said she had checked and I just needed to put my signature on it. I asked when she wanted me to do this, and she said that I should come to her house at break time. I was not pleased about this, as I wanted to go into Norwich city to do some shopping and didn't think I would have time. I agreed anyway, although I did not want to.

Scene 2: St Stephen's Street, Norwich - Day
I was then on St Stephen's Street, Norwich. It was still a sunny day and there were a lot of pedestrians and traffic in this area. I walked down to towards the city centre, on the right side of the road. I then stood at the bus stop, beside a bus that was parked there. There was something very different about this street in the dream, although I could not work out what it was (thinking back - it was that the area had less buildings than it does in real life, and appeared to be more 'open' in the dream, with a different composition - looking at very old photographs of this area of the city, my dream reflected what this location looked like back then, rather than how it does now - see images below which are from August, 1964). I was aware that (at the top of the street) I had just bought an ice lolly and some strawberries. 

There was something relating to a (Friesian) cow - but I cannot recall what this was. I just woke up recalling a scene, or part of a scene where a cow was involved.

Scene 3: My Nan's House Sheringham - Time Unknown
I then found myself writing up the events which had just taken place on St Stephen's Street, as if I was recording them in a diary (buying the ice lolly and strawberries). I was sitting on the floor of the living-room, in front of the TV/sofa/gas heater.

I was writing this in pencil, and I was not pleased, because I thought the pencil was 'too impermanent' - I wanted the permanence of pen ink. I flicked through some other writing, which was on lined A4 paper in a bundle and noticed that I had actually done at least 50% of my notes/writing in pencil, which surprised me. 

I looked at my Youtube channel and found that most of my subscribers had unsubscribed - I was confused as to why this might be.

I was in a room with a bed in it - there were other dream characters present, and I was in the bed with my ex-boyfriend, SL. I started panicking because there was a large squirrel in the bed next to me. I was screaming at SL to get it out of the bed and he told me to calm down and then removed it. It stood on the floor beside my side of the bed. 

I was then in my own room in my Nan's house, sitting on one of the beds which used to be in that room, but has since been removed. I was with DL and we were discussing battle rap.

I was the downstairs in the living-room with DL and a male dream character, who reminded me of TC - a friend of DL who I also know and like. It was night. TC was sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, beside the door and had a plastic bag - containing alcohol - by his feet. He was asking me what I would recommend to him about my university. I told him it was 'like Hollyoaks' (i.e. full of young, glamorous people with very chaotic, drama-filled lives). I told him that my university's nickname is 'the University of Easy Access' (this is true in real-life). He asked me to show him on his iPhone and stood next to me, scrolling through the internet page. He then handed the phone to me, so I could find the right information. The screen showed text and a video which had no loaded properly - everything on the screen was fuzzy and grey. I tried to scroll with my thumb, but the screen was unstable, and kept jerking up and down. I could not work out how to use the phone. I handed it back to TC and he sorted it out. While this was happening, I saw that under he dining table was a green plastic grocery crate, filled with food. On top were a number of Muller Light yoghurts. I said to DL: 'Should they be stored in the fridge?' and he said 'yes'. I was worried that the yoghurts were now spoiled and mouldy.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Standing beside a parked bus
  • My ex-boyfriends
  • Battle rap
  • University

Dreamsigns: 
  • St Stephen's Street, Norwich was different - something I did notice in the dream
  • I was in bed with my ex-boyfriend and a squirrel

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had seen a Facebook friend post about their passport application
  • A couple of days before this dream I had a conversation with an office within my university about me needing to produce a form of valid photo ID - I was told I could not use my passport as it is has expired
  • The day of this dream I had seen a Facebook friend ask a riddle on his status: ('what is in the front of women and the back of cows?' - answer: 'w')
  • The day before this dream I had seen part of a TV cooking show where a chef was cooking a savoury dish with strawberries
  • I have recently been making a real effort to eat at least 5 types of fresh fruit a day - I prefer exotic fruit (pineapple being my absolute favourite)
  • I have been editing my thesis and the day before this dream, posted an image of my typed and handwritten drafts online. Recently when I was marking undergraduate essays, I had to do this in pencil - which I hated, as it does not feel natural to me as I gave up writing in pencil at primary school (I can only comfortably write using a Bic Medium Crystal pen - the cheapest most basic form of biro). I had also been telling DL and SC a story from when I was at primary school, which I will repeat here for the purposes of being complete and giving an insight into my memories. At primary school we were being taught cursive handwriting. When we displayed adequately neat, joined up handwriting we were allowed to move from writing in pencil to using a handwriting pen (which was not a good pen to write with in my opinion). I was prevented from graduating onto using a pen because I applied to much pressure when writing and did not join up every letter. This is despite the fact I had been moved up a class with a few of my classmates and was still top of the class in most subjects, other than maths (a few of us were moved up, because we were too advanced for our own age group - so I was in fourth year with the older pupils, when I would have normally been in third year with my peers). This has always annoyed me, because my handwriting was still neat and very readable, even if it wasn't perfectly joined up. I still do not write fully joined up and as a result, people always find they can read my handwriting easily. Further points: I recall that SMH was in my A-level Psychology class (this class was referenced in Scene 2 of Dream 734 - 'Dating the President's Son') - she missed most of the classes and because she was a 'stoner friend' back then, she would photocopy my notes because they were the most detailed and legible (I think I was the only student in that class to pass with a good grade, even though I missed a couple of exams myself). 
  • The night before this dream I had recorded and uploaded a new Youtube video on my channel, relating to dreams which have occurred during the course of this experiment
  • The night before this dream I had been thinking of how weird i is when my housemate SC gets me to look at something on his Mac laptop and I am completely unfamiliar with it and unable to use it intuitively

Waking Reactions: 
This was a really weird dream - again with some recurrent dream themes, such as ex-boyfriends and university. I am not sure if this was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, but I did enjoy this dream.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:


No comments:

Post a Comment