Wednesday 30 November 2016

Dream 733

'Bad Tunnels'
Date: 28 November 2016
Time: 22:30 - 03:10 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: An Exterior Scene - Day
I am not sure where I was, but it was outside and in bright daylight. The area seemed to be suburban or in the countryside, as I saw a river/canal and some trees. R3A was there - dressed in some strange costume/outfit, which I am unable to recall. He was carrying a clipboard, which enabled me to conclude that he was doing some kind of job. He was walking beside the canal. There were some other male dream characters. I cannot recall this scene in much detail. 

At some point I became aware R3A had a girlfriend called 'Lisa'. I saw her - she had shoulder-length blonde hair and was drinking a plastic cup of lemonade through a straw. She acted as if I were her enemy, although I cannot recall if she said anything to me, or if this was just the general impression I got from her. 

I was talking with R3A. I cannot recall what was said. This element of the dream seemed significant. 

Someone - one of my colleagues at university - had intercalated from their course of study. I found this out by reading it on the internet somehow.

Scene 2: My Flat, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was in the bathroom and had just finished using the toilet. Something was concerning me and I put my hand to my vagina. There was a small amount of blood on my finger. It took me a moment, and then I realised I must be on my period and felt less concerned. I walked through to the kitchen and found some onions in the fridge and wondered how they got there and who they belonged to. I concluded that they must belong to my housemate SC. 

Scene 3: An Exterior - Twilight
It was twilight (not sure if it was dawn or dusk). I was standing at the entrance to a cylindrical-shaped concrete tunnel, speaking to a male dream character who was unseen - standing either beside or behind me. I was instructing this male dream character to crawl through the tunnel. This was a difficult task, because the ceiling of the tunnel was low and was covered in human bones. The floor of the tunnel was covered in rubbish. I was then shocked to see that a dead baby was hung from the ceiling from a rope - in a way which meant that it blocked the passage, even if the male crawled through. I said to him: 'The dead baby is the worst part of it'.

Extra Information: 
'R3A' is a new anonymisation for a frequently recurring dream character, to further preserve confidentiality.

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The tunnels I saw - and the context in which they appeared

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I messaged with R3A online
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing intercalation with my housemate SC
  • I saw some onions in the fridge of my house
  • On the day of this dream I had watched a short Youtube comedy review of the Mortal Kombat (1995) movie, in which there is a scene where Johnny Cage fights Scorpion in a location filled with skulls and bones

Waking Reactions: 
My recall of this dream is quite fragmentary. I remember that there was much more to Scene 1 and also, more detail to the tunnel task in Scene 3. I am not sure how this dream relates to my Dream Incubation Experiment.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment