Tuesday 22 November 2016

Dream 728

'Double-Barrelled Marriage Names'
Date: 21 November 2016
Time: 07:30 - 13:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Very weak recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Unknown - Time Unknown
I have forgotten this dream as I fell back asleep after waking from it.

I was planning to marry my ex-boyfriend, PS. I was considering what last name we would have after the marriage - my name/his name. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • PS as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was getting married to my ex-boyfriend

Day Residue: 
  • The day of this dream I had mentioned PS in conversation - I had received an anonymous birthday card and bunch of flowers last month - put through the door of my former address. My colleague who now lives at that address had brought them over and I had been confused as to who had delivered them as hardly anyone knew where I used to live (but PS did) - my colleague had seen a dark Volkswagen car drive off - this is the description of PS' car. On the day of this dream I had found clues as to why PS may have randomly been in my local area from a mutual friend's Facebook comment (I believe that this friend's brother - a close friend of PS also - may be serving a sentence in the local prison, hence why PS and members of this friend's family may be visiting my city). I thought I had done some very impressive (if accidental) detective work!
  • On the day of this dream I saw that a Facebook friend, who had recently been married, had a double-barrelled last name now and thought that this was good - I like the equality of both parties adopting both names, rather than the woman taking her husband's last name as is traditional in the UK. As I already have a long double-barrelled name of my own, I had wondered how I would be able to achieve this myself
  • On the day of this dream I had been playing The Sims 3 and was able to see that the NPC Sim that my Sim was flirting with was married - as I have set the game so that married couples have a double-barrelled last name so I can keep track of how families are blended

Waking Reactions: 
Again, another dream where marriage is a theme! I am not sure if this is relevant to my Dream Incubation Experiment (i.e. a subconscious desire to get married), as I am not actually someone who believes in the sanctity or necessity of marriage in a committed relationship and have never ever wanted to marry. I am also not aware that I would want to have a relationship with my ex. It may be that the recurrent theme of marriage was inspired by Day Residue - as noted above; and due to my dream from the previous day. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment