Sunday 20 November 2016

Dream 726

'Carnival Day'
Date: 19 November 2016
Time: 08:30 - 12:45 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: An Interior (Family Home), Sheringham - Day
It was Carnival Day in my home town (this happens in August) and I was excited about this. I was in a family house, which I either I lived in with my parents, or was visiting. It is not a house which exists in real life. The living-room area was really big and there was a shelving unit which protruded into the main part of the room. There was also a bed in this room - against a partition wall, which separated the room into 2 sections. The bathroom of this house looked like public toilets - there was a row of sinks with mirrors above them. There were some dogs (not sure how many - perhaps 3, all medium-size and brown) in the house and they had shit on the floor, making one of the rooms very messy and unclean. 

The first part of the dream took place in the living-room. I was sitting on a sofa and my Mum was sitting on another, which was adjacent. I was wearing grey tracksuit bottoms which had ridges down the sides. I was using a series of brightly coloured Sharpie pens to colour in these ridges, in rainbow colours. I only managed to complete the right leg and the waist band. My Mum told me that I had done a good job and they looked very nice. 

I then went into the bathroom and stood at one of the sinks, doing my hair in the mirror. My hair looked pretty much normal, other than the roots were a weird light brown colour - almost the same colour as my skin. I was worried at first, thinking I was going bald, but then I checked and saw that this was hair, not skin. I started to style my hair so that the light brown roots were not visible. I was putting it into a bun on top of my head and using a pink flowery scrunchy and a pearl hair decoration (which I actually own) to tie my hair up, but I kept rearranging it, as I was not happy with the style. Eventually I decided to braid my hair. 

I then saw an image of an older woman with very long, thin braids (2 of them) - I was standing behind her, so I did not see her face. I am not sure how I knew she was 'older'. 

I went back into the living-room area. There were 2 young female dream characters - both were aged 17 years old. They were drinking alcohol from plastic cups.

MKDC was present (this is a male who I knew from university, who used to fancy me, despite us being close friends. He used to have a severe addiction to Class A drugs). In the dream I really fancied MKDC and wanted to be involved with him. I was pleased that he was present.

My Mum, now dressed in a pink towelling robe, was still present. She had a 'drugs shopping list' and I was aware that she was a drug dealer. MKDC was laying on the bed in this room, My Mum kneeled on the bed, offered him drugs, and then opened the robe to show him her naked body underneath. I found this weird and inappropriate.

I had a conversation with MKDC about the Carnival and how happy I was that he was with me. I was trying to seduce him and it seemed to be working. 

Scene 2: A Police Station - Day
MKDC and I were then in a police station. I could see a shelf with lots of brown boxes on it. I was not concerned that we were at the police station, even though I was under arrest and not sure what crime I had allegedly committed. I was either thinking that the charges would not stick or that the penalty would be minor and not worth worrying about. I cannot recall how this scene ended or shifted to the next one

Scene 3: A Busy City Intersection - Day
I was then standing at a pedestrian crossing at a busy intersection in a city. The sun was shining. Next to me on the pavement/sidewalk was an older, disabled woman (dream character) in either a wheelchair, or on a mobility scooter. She had frizzy ginger hair and was quite fat with a pale complexion. She was accompanied by another woman - I cannot recall what she looked like. I thought the traffic lights had changed, so I stepped out into the road, and nearly got hit by oncoming traffic - the traffic was very busy and fast-moving. By way of an explanation (although in reality, this would not explain why I had misread the traffic lights), I told the disabled woman: 'I have dyscalculia'. She said to me: 'No you don't!' in an aggressive way. scowling at me. The traffic lights then changed, and she zoomed off, crossing the road. Still standing on the pavement, and angry at the way she had denied the dyscalculia, I shouted: 'You aren't even disabled, it's benefit fraud!' I saw her turn round and look at me in shock/horror.

Scene 4: An Interior (Family Home) - Day
I found myself back in the family home again. MKDC was waiting for me and I was pleased to see him and wanted to resume my 'seduction of him'. He was laying down - on the floor I think - and I tried to get physically closer to him, laying down beside him. Then, a thin, blonde woman, drinking from a plastic cup with a straw in it approached us. She said: 'I'm MKDC's girlfriend, Charlie' and then straddled/mounted him. I moved away, disappointed, but still with hope that he liked me anyway. 

Scene 5: A Grassy Field - Day
I was then in a large grassy field, which had bushes on either side. It was bright daylight, but it had just been raining. I was aware - I am not sure how - that there was a huge killer spider on the loose and everyone was warned that it was dangerous. I approached one of the bushes and saw a (large, but in a 'normal' size range) spiderweb, with a fly stuck in it. I then saw that the web was being spun still - although there was no spider on it - it was a self-spinning web! Raindrops were suspended on the spiderweb. I noticed that 2 male police officers were present with me. I told them that this was the killer spider's web (despite wondering how a giant spider could live there) and poked my finger into it, creating a hole and totally destroying it.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The family home in the dream was not one I recognise from real life and the bathroom was like a public toilet
  • My hair was very different
  • My Mum was a drug dealer
  • I was romantically/sexually interested in MKDC
  • My Mum was stripping for MKDC

Day Residue: 
  • The day of this dream I had a conversation with a Facebook friend about how much I love grey tracksuit bottoms on men - it is my favourite item of clothing
  • I have the full set of coloured Sharpie pens
  • The day of this dream I was messaged on Facebook by a male who told me he was 17 years of age.  I told him he was too young for me to have a conversation with and immediately ended it. He then sent me a message about how he wanted to be my boyfriend, so I deleted him
  • The day of this dream I had been thinking about hairdressers and dyeing my hair
  • A couple of days before this dream I had been tidying my hair accessories drawer and had seen the two hair decorations which appeared in this dream
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing the police
  • On the day of this dream I had mentioned that I had dyscalculia (number dyslexia) to a senior colleague in my academic faculty
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing someone who exhibited similar mental health/personality disorder symptoms as one of my relatives. This relative used to use a wheelchair/mobility scooter despite the fact she did not have a physical disability - as a way of getting disability benefits
  • A couple of days before this dream I had received Facebook messages from a male who had added me. The messages were innocent and in any event, I was not interested. A few hours later, his girlfriend messaged me, questioning me about why her boyfriend was messaging me. I also received messages from another man with a girlfriend - constantly pestering me to go out with him - I ended up deleting him after warning him that I was not interested and he should be more respectful of his girlfriend
  • A few of days ago I noticed a huge spider on the ceiling above my bed. I thought it was dead, because it didn't seem to move - until eventually I saw it twitching (I am not scared of spiders)

Waking Reactions: 
This was only one day into my Dream Incubation Experiment, so it is not  surprising that it was probably unconnected to my chosen dream incubation. This was the most vivid and complex dream I have had in a while, which is good, because my dream work/practice had stagnated somewhat due to a poor sleep routine and hectic schedule. I really enjoyed all aspects of this dream.  It is weird when I feel 'in love' with someone in a dream, especially since I am not an emotional or affectionate person in waking life; it the object of my desire is not someone I would be attracted to in real life. It's a nice feeling, but it does make me wonder if this is a message from my  subconscious; I will monitor whether this theme recurs in any of my other dreams during the course of this experiment. Below is a Youtube video where I discuss it in relation to my Dream Incubation Experiment, as well as the initial video where I introduce my experiment and discuss dream incubation generally.


No comments:

Post a Comment