Thursday 15 September 2016

Dream 697

'Elliott's Return'
Date: 14 September 2016
Time: 18:30 - 20:00 (Evening Nap - I woke up from this dream due to an alarm) 
Type of dream: Normal dream/Pre-Lucid Dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: An Airport - Day
I'm in an airport - I know it is daytime, because I can see through the massive floor-to-ceiling windows. The sky seemed a pale, dusty yellow. The window showed a view of the runway, and I could see one airplane.

My Mum. other members of my family and DL were present in the airport, which seemed to be pretty empty. We had a lot of luggage with us, but I did not know (or recall) where we were supposedly travelling to. I felt left out of something, like I wasn't invited to something about to happen, or I was missing something which everyone else was involved in. There was conversation between my family while I stood beside the window. 

My Mum then said we were waiting for Elliott to arrive. This made me feel weird and I recalled that Elliott was someone I had dreamed about (Dream 696 - and perhaps an earlier dream, as referenced in last night's dream). I said to my Mum: 'I dream about Elliott' to which she said: 'You created him on The Sims'. I then saw an image of Elliott - looking as he did in the earlier dream I had of him, the night before, but as a Sim, so cartoony and animated-looking rather than a real human. I felt relieved that he wasn't a real human-being and did not question that (real life) fact that I had not actually made Elliott in The Sims. My Mum then shattered this relief by saying: 'He's been around since the 1970s', which meant (in the dream) that he was actually alive. My Mum said: 'He's your responsibility now' and I was aware that the apocalypse from the earlier dream (Dream 696) was still going to happen and this was why we were in the airport with bags. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Elliott as a dream character - and events of previous dreams 
  • Feeling disconnected or left out of events

Dreamsigns: 
  • This was a continuation of a dream from the night before - I seemed aware that the events of this dream were related to my earlier dreams (Pre-Lucidity)

Day Residue: 
  • At work I have been assigned to supervise a journey to Heathrow Airport, London next week - to collect new international students and transport them to university
  • I cannot recall what I watched a couple of days ago, but there was a reference in a TV show/video to someone jumping out of a plane without a parachute. A male said he would not jump out of a stationary plane while it was on the runway (for £5 million) if it meant he would be injured - this is a vague memory, but I think I wasn't really paying attention to the video which was playing in the background, hence I cannot recall the specifics
  • I had a dream about 'Elliott' last night - Dream 696, which referenced an earlier dream which also involved this dream character, although I have not yet researched this earlier 'Elliott' dream - this dream seemed like a continuation of last night's dream

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. However, this was an incredibly interesting dream in itself because it was a continuation of my dream from the previous evening and involved the 'Elliott' dream character again. I was going to research my previous Dream Journal entries to find any earlier references to a dream character named Elliott, which would be the subject of a later post. I still have not done this, but I will research and write up that post after I have finished recording this current dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment