Sunday 27 December 2015

Dream 537

'My Bad Calculator'
Dream date:  23 December 2015 (Day 23 of Lucid December)

This is Day 23 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: An Interior - Time Unknown

I was in an interior scene, although I am not sure where this was. I was sitting at a wooden desk, trying to do sums on a calculator, but the calculator would not work properly. I am not sure how I knew this (as my mathematical ability is very poor in real-life due to me having dyscalculia). It was really frustrating me. I could not even read the numbers on the screen and then I realised that the actual number pad was arranged in the wrong order

TIME: 00:30 - 0700 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place - no WB2B)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 4 (extremely poor)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - no WB2B performed
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked recently
  • No Vitamin B6 taken

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The layout of the calculator number pad

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream I had been discussing the problems my dyscalculia causes me

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I did not have any particular waking thoughts or emotions about this dream, although I do think that I remembered more upon waking than I did when recording the dream.

* I think I may have forgotten some of this dream as it seemed that I remembered much more detail immediately upon waking If I recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment