Friday 11 December 2015

Dream 527

'My Cousin Wants to Kill Me!'
Dream date:  8 December 2015 (Day 8 of Lucid December)

This is Day 8 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: DL's Friend's Party on 'Beach' - Day

I was with DL and his friends - not real-life friends, but dream characters. They were all 'urban' males (i.e. hip hop fans), and older than me. One of his friends was having a party and DL was invited and was allowed to bring me as a guest, although I was aware that my presence was not actually wanted. 

I walked off - I think I was standing on a pier at the seaside and my mum was with me. I looked at the ends of my hair and decided that they needed to be trimmed, so I cut them with a pair of scissors which I happened to have in my hand. 

I was back with DL - it was then obvious that we had been by the beach the entire time and the pier was only a short distance away. While I was gone (onto the pier with my mum), everyone had been discussing the party; I was the only person who was not excited by the prospect of attending. 

The party started. Despite the fact that we were on a beach, there was a long, rectangular sandpit. DL's friend (he was a white male with brown hair), was using the sandpit as a BBQ - he was cooking food on it. I went to the bottom of the sandpit. There was another male there. I realised that he did not want to be at the party either, so I began to talk to him, although I am not sure what we talked about. There was a dining chair in the sand at the bottom of the sandpit. I am not sure if I touched the chair, but a smoke detector which had been put on the chair, fell off into the sand. I was about to pick it up and put it back on the chair when DL's friend came over. He started to angrily tell me that I must not touch the smoke detector as it was dangerous - I was endangering the BBQ. He walked away. My new male friend 'dropped' an electric heater which was turned on, despite not being plugged in anywhere - it just appeared from his hand and he dropped it into the sandpit. We started laughing at the idea that we were 'endangering the BBQ' and angering DL's friend who didn't like us.

I was then back on the pier. My cousin HM was there was well. I noticed that she had pink nail varnish on. She said to me: 'I'm going to kill you!' and I knew she was serious. There was a group of girls standing behind her, leaning on the railing of the pier. She instructed them to start filming the action; she wanted a video recording of her killing me. She grabbed hold of my hands and said: 'I'm going to scratch your face off!' I started wrestling with her hands and found that I was much stronger than her. I started laughing at her, saying: 'I'll kill you first'. I realised I had nail extensions - my nails were sharp claw-like talons, pointed at the end and made of a very strong acrylic. Compared to HM's normal length pink nails, my own appeared like weapons. I saw the sunlight flash across HM's face. She was frowning and wincing with the exertion of trying to fight against my strength. I thought it was a shame she had decided to ruin our familial relationship since we had grown up in the same house as children.

Scene 2: A Shop, City - Night
I was with a male - it seemed like it might be PS. We were going to a shop at night - the shop was at the end of a road, with no buildings next to it. We were in a city. There was little light. I realised that I was pregnant, but I am not sure who the father of the baby was. PS and I were going to buy cleaning equipment from the shop. We both went in - it was well-lit inside and decorated like a normal small convenience store. PS told me that I had to wait outside while he bought the cleaning products - bleaches and disinfectants etc. I stood outside the shop and decided to smoke a cannabis joint. PS and the 2 shop owners (an elderly Jamaican woman and her husband) came out. The woman told me that I had to be searched; she would search me and her husband would search PS. We stood in a close group and the shop keepers started running their hands up and down our bodies, doing an over-the-clothes pat-down search. I am note sure what they were searching for, but after a few moments, they were satisfied that everything was fine and we were OK to leave. 

Scene 3: A Room Like PS's Lounge, London - Night
PS (or the dream character that I thought was PS) entered a room - it reminded me a little of PS's real-life lounge in his house in London, but there were some differences. The floor was the same shiny uncarpeted surface and there were patio doors leading to the garden in the same position, but the room was longer and more narrow and there was a very blue strip of pond in the centre of the floor. PS was holding a blue polyethene shopping bag, containing the cleaning products we had bought at the shop earlier in the dream. He went and opened the patio doors. I became aware that on the pond there were some creatures; half-duck, half-turtle - bright blue. I screamed at PS: 'Throw the Manslaughter on them!' - 'Manslaughter' was the name of the cleaning product. I crouched in the corner in fear, while PS threw some 'Manslaughter' on them from a blue plastic bottle.

TIME: 02:00 - 09:30 hours (then awake until 10:00 hours) & 10:00 - 11:30 hours (this dream took place during WB2B)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 10 (moderate)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - slept for 7.5 hours; woke with an alarm; performed cognitive techniques for 15 minutes out of a 30 minute WB2B; went to sleep for 90 minutes
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked recently
  • 100 mg of 'lucid dream supplement' Vitamin B6 (2 x 50 mg pills, taken at midday and just before sleep)

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The entire dream was a dreamsign

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • A few days before this dream a man came round to my house to test the smoke/fire detectors
  • A couple of days before this dream I had been explaining manslaughter to some of my law students at university

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This was another very weird dream - I didn't much enjoy it because I was unwanted at a party, then I got into a fight with my cousin, followed by an incident in which I was scared of the strange creatures in PS's lounge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment