Tuesday 8 December 2015

Dream 525

'Disgusting Hot Chocolate'
Dream date:  7 December 2015 (Day 7 of Lucid December)

This is Day 7 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: My Former Childhood Home, Pine Grove, Sheringham - Day

I was in my former childhood home in Pine Grove, Sheringham. The house looked as it did in real-life (when I lived there) and I could tell that it day because I could see through the windows. SA was at my house and I wanted to introduce him to my mum, who was in the kitchen. SA was laying on the sofa in the livingroom. We walked through to the kitchen. For a number of months (probably it was actually years), we had a partially knocked through wall as we were opening the dining-room and the kitchen up into one room (both rooms were quite small - the kitchen used to be the size of a large cupboard before my step-dad knocked the partition wall down!) - this was the state of the dining-room/kitchen in the dream, so the house was as it appeared in the mid to late 1990s before the DIY was completed. 

I introduced SA to my mum and she said: 'Oh, you're Muslim? to which SA said: 'My family is, yes'. My mum asked him if it was against his beliefs to drink hot chocolate as she wanted to make some for him (my mum would know this fact, as my late father, her ex-husband, was a Muslim!) SA said: 'It's OK, I actually drink alcohol too'. My mum then told him he should join my stepdad who was down the pub drinking with some friends, but SA said he would prefer to stay in the house with us. My mum said she needed to get ingredients for the hot chocolate. At this point, we were standing in between the two rooms - so in the gap where the wall was knocked through, next to the back door which led to the garden. I saw an image of the hot chocolate my mum was planning on making - it had a sandwich floating on top instead of whipped cream. I thought it looked disgusting.

TIME: 03:00 - 10:30 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NO 
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 11 (moderate-good)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - no WB2B used on this occasion
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked recently
  • 100 mg of 'lucid dream supplement' Vitamin B6 (2 x 50 mg pills, taken at midday and just before sleep)

Dream Information:

  • SA is a friend of mine who works in the Student Union at my university

Dreamsigns:
  • I was in my former childhood home

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I saw my friend CC refer to vegan hot chocolate on a Facebook status shortly before this dream took place - CC's husband is a Muslim

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This wasn't a particularly exciting dream and was quite a disappointment following the excitement of other dreams I have experienced so far during Lucid December. It may be that I did not get a good night's sleep as I felt very tired before sleep and I woke up feeling unrefreshed. I did not attempt WB2B as I knew that it would be better for me to have one longer sleep given I had to wake up and do some important work.

No comments:

Post a Comment