Thursday 3 December 2015

Dream 519

'Annoying Female Teacher'
Dream date:  2 December 2015 (Day 2 of Lucid December)

This is Day 2 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: Some Classroom or Learning Institution - Day
I was in some kind of classroom. There was a mature white female - with dark hair in a bun; medium height and slim build. This female was wearing a navy housedress with a high collar. She looked strict and formal to me. She was a teacher. RBA was also present - possibly another student in this class. I was being instructed that I must do something - a task - I cannot recall what, but it involved going to the seaside to complete it, and I would need to take the bus. I was aware that there were other students in this class, but I did not really see who they were. I was seated in a way which meant that I faced the wall, as my desk was against the wall, as were everyone else's. 

Scene 1: Seaside Town - Day
I was in a seaside town - I don't think it was one I know from real-life. It was quite typical and I cannot describe it as anything other than a British seaside town, characterised by a tourist atmosphere, like many of the seaside locations in my local area. I was aware of the presence of the female teacher (who I was annoyed at for sending me here), RBA, DL and other persons. We had got to the seaside by public transport - either a bus or a train. I remembered seeing the countryside pass by from the window, although I cannot recall anything else about the trip. It seemed that whatever the task I had to do was (it was not clear), it would involve helping a young girl. I had paper and a pen with me to help with the task. I am not sure what else happened.

Scene 3: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Evening
I was then in my nan's house and it was evening. DL and RBA were with me. There was some kind of party. I noticed that the female teacher had also made her way into the house and was sitting in the corner. We were all eating food from plates which we were holding. Suddenly, something attracted my attention to the corner of the room in which the teacher was seated - at the dining table, on a chair positioned next to the kitchen door. A tall, white male (not known to me in real-life), wearing a dark blue boiler suit had also entered the room and was strangling the female teacher with his bare hands, and she was making choked noises. The male did not say anything. He did not even look at me. No-one seemed to notice this incident, and I did not say anything, only watched. I was in surprise, but not horror or shock. I was more perturbed by the fact that everyone else was carrying on with their polite conversation. The male managed to render the teacher unconscious, slumped over the table. I was aware that she was not dead. The male left and I did not try to stop him. Still, no-one was paying any attention to this. It seemed that everyone was watching the television; there was a soap opera (not one I recognise) being shown and the conversation was about this TV show. I was aware that someone had given me a bouquet of flowers, which were on the floor by my feet. Suddenly, it was announced by someone in the room that we were all late for the theatre.

TIME: 20:00 - 07:00 hours (then awake until 07:20 hours) & 07:20 - 10:00 hours (WB2B Method) - this dream took place during second section of sleep (therefore following WB2B)
LUCIDITY: NO 
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 8 (poor)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - slept for 11 hours; woke naturally without an alarm; performed cognitive techniques for 20 minutes; went to sleep for 2 hour 40 minutes (I felt sleep deprived and therefore needed this prolonged sleep)

Dream Information:

None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The strangling of the female teacher in my nan's house

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • RBA as a dream character
  • My family as dream characters
  • My nan's house as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • None of note

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

This dream wasn't the most exciting, even though it involved someone being strangled. I had no particular waking thoughts or emotions connected to this dream.

* I think I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, as I woke up with perfect dream recall, but received a message immediately, which caused me a level of intense stress and annoyance, and because I was forced to deal with this instantly upon waking, think I have lost some of the details of this dream (although I do not think those details were particularly exciting). If I remember anything else, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment