Sunday 20 September 2015

Dream 506

'Two Boyfriends & Lots of Bad Behaviour!'
Dream date: 19 September 2015

Day 12 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream
This is Day 12 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment and contains all relevant links.

Scene 1: A City Street - Day
I was standing on a street which was clearly in an urban area as the buildings were tall and reminded me of central London. It was a bleak day. A car pulled up at the curb and my mum and 2 male dream characters got out. One of the dream characters looked like a boy I went to school with, PM - who used to be a massive Nirvana fan and styled himself on Kurt Cobain. This was my boyfriend in the dream. The other male was someone I also know from real-life, but I cannot recall who it was. My mum and the males were meeting me so that they could take me to a birthday meal. 

Scene 1: A Restaurant - Time Unknown

We went to a restaurant and my family were all there - and perhaps some other dream characters. The table was filled with food, including fried chicken and some of my favourite Turkish dishes. I could see a big bowl of patlican ezmesi (smoked aubergine and yoghurt dip). Note that PM's first name is 'Pat', short for 'Patrick'. I was incredibly angry that the food had been ordered without me being able to choose any of it - even though many of the dishes were things I would have chosen from the menu myself. I put my hand into the patlican ezmesi and shoved a load of it into my mouth, getting it all over my face. I then threw all of the food off the table onto the floor in a temper and started shouting: 'You shouldn't have ordered it for me!' The family members were angry at my ungratefulness and rudeness and left. Only 'Pat' remained with me. I saw him sitting on a pile of bricks outside the restaurant. He was wearing brown trainers, a brown/beige cardigan (which I recall the real PM wore back in the 1990s) and had eyeliner on. He was sitting with his knees raised and bent and smiled at me as I looked at him. 

'Pat' came up to me, in a friendly way. I said: 'Fuck off! Go away!' and he left. I instantly felt regret and used my mobile to text him, saying: 'Come back'. There was no response, so I decided to call him. I reached the voicemail which indicated his phone was turned off. I know that the words spoken on the voicemail made sense in the dream, but were random and nonsensical (I cannot recall what they were, just that when I woke up, I realised they did not form a comprehensible sentence, although they were English language). I then went onto Facebook and decided to post a status, intending to ask for anyone who knew 'Pat' to contact him on my behalf and ask him to come back to me. Instead of posting it as a status, I wrote it in the chat/personal message window. I wrote 'Does anyone know Pat Smear?'


Scene 3: A Flat - Time Unknown

I was in a rented flat. It was not one I know of from real-life, but it looked pretty ordinary. In the living-room, beside the front door was an office, which was owned by the landlord. It had a desk in it. I went into the bathroom, which I shared with another family who were European (I am not sure where they were from). The family had left dirty nappies/diapers and used sanitary towels all over the bathroom floor. I used some rubber gloves to pick them up and place them in a bin. 

It was then the next day. The European family were leaving the flat via the front door. The landlord called me into his office and showed me a handwritten letter - which was from the European family, informing the landlord that they were quitting their tenancy and it was my fault. I saw the word 'Embassy' written in the middle of the curly, fancy blue writing. The landlord was angry with me because he thought I was losing him money. He was a young Chinese male, with shoulder-length hair tied back in a ponytail. I called AWB into the room - and asked her to defend me and inform the landlord that the European family had left sanitary items and shit-filled nappies/diapers in the bathroom, which I had been forced to clean. AWB backed me up and the landlord was pacified, saying: 'Sorry, I didn't know they were the enemies'. I then - immediately - started a relationship with the landlord. I have tried to create an image of what he looked like (with photo-editing) below - although in the dream he had longer hair. The fact that I became the landlord's girlfriend was unspoken. I just knew he was now my 'boyfriend' - although I do not know his name and am not sure if it was ever mentioned/known in the dream.


My boyfriend and I went into the lounge and sat down. There were long  white sofas arranged in an L-shape in the middle of the room, which was well-lit, with an electric heater.  AWB joined us - in the dream we were friends. I knew that in the dream she was from Peru (she is not, she is white British). Her skin was much darker than usual and her face was an odd-shape. The best I can describe it is that she looked like a baboon, with a long, simian face (see image below, which I created by morphing a photograph of AWB with that of a baboon). She was conversing with us (I cannot recall what was said) but at some point my boyfriend said: 'She's been described as a necroid monkey' - meaning AWB. I was aware that my boyfriend was very rich. I saw (in third-person perspective) the top of my head. My hair was still black, but at the roots, it was light brown and fuzzy in texture. I wondered why it looked like this.


Scene 4: A Picnic - Night

My boyfriend and I then went to a picnic in a park in the middle of a city (I am not sure which city this was specifically, but it was in the Midlands and I had moved there recently). I could see other dream characters also picnicking - and there were fairy lights strung up to illuminate the area, which was very picturesque and charming. I noticed that there were lots of small white pieces of plastic tied into my boyfriend's hair. He started to untie these and then opened them out to show me - they were wraps containing large quantities of cannabis. 

Scene 5: A City Street - Night

My boyfriend and I started to walk through the streets of the city. We were in a residential area and there were lots of red brick terraced houses. I could see many street corners at the same time and the area was well-lit. This scene is a little vague - I recall that we met some people also walking in the streets - who were friends of my boyfriend - including 2 females, one of whom had a white headband holding her black hair back. They wanted to buy drugs from my boyfriend and he sold them some (I am not sure what drugs these were). These people invited us back to their home which was nearby, but my boyfriend said that we had to go to a shop first. 

Scene 6: A Corner Shop - Night

My boyfriend and I entered a corner shop just a short distance away. There were a few other dream characters in this shop, browsing. My boyfriend went to a shelf and looked at what food the shop was selling. I went to an aisle and started browsing the shelves there. I then realised I had some heroin on me, except it looked like rocks of crack cocaine. This was in a clear plastic baggy. I was worried about possessing drugs and so placed them in a polythene carrier bag and walked over to my boyfriend. I then realised that I also had a live baby in the polythene bag. I then realised that the police were about to attend the shop and search me for possession of the heroin. I then put the bag containing the baby on a shelf and took the small bag of heroin out and hid it in a tray of sweets/candy. My boyfriend and I left the store. I began to feel guilty and thought I had better go back into the shop to retrieve the heroin before a child touched it and perhaps consumed it. I was anxious because I kept imagining a child overdosing from heroin and it being my fault.

There was some reference to Chino Moreno from Deftones (one of my favourite musicians from one of my favourite bands). I do not think he appeared as a dream character, but we were talking about him or looking at a picture of him. I am not sure when this part of the dream took place in the sequence of events.


I think I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream.


TIME: 19:00 - 08:30 hours (I do not know when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NO

Dream Information:
  • Pat Smear was a founding member of the American punk band, Germs and guitarist for Dave Grohl's band Foo Fighters. He used to contribute live rhythm guitar for Nirvana and appears on Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York session/live album, From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (1996)
  • AWB is an 'enemy' - we have only met once, but fell out prior to this, when she started to date my ex-boyfriend and we got involved in a stupid altercation. DL told me that AWB had once stated that people mistake her for 'being Chinese' although she does not look Asian in any way - she looks completely Caucasian!

Dreamsigns:
  • My behaviour on the restaurant 
  • The voicemail facility on 'Pat's' mobile phone was incomprehensible 'dream speech' but I understood it in the dream
  • Posting a status on Facebook could be done via the chat/personal message window
  • Pat Smear - who looked exactly like Kurt Cobain was the name of my boyfriend in the dream, although I think the dream character was actually PM, a boy from my school
  • AWB was from Peru
  • AWB looked like a baboon
  • My hair was a strange texture at the roots
  • I had heroin on me, but it looked like crack rocks

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Food as a dream theme - in particular shoving a huge amount of food into the mouth in an impolite way during a family birthday party
  • My hair having a different appearance

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • A few days before this dream I was discussing patlican ezmesi with a half-Turkish colleague, but she did not know this dish
  • The day of this dream I had been helping with new student arrivals at my university and had to deal with a disgruntled mother who had discovered that the kitchen of her son's accommodation was dirty, with rotten food in the fridge. She blamed 'the Chinese students' for being messy
  • The day before this dream I had told 2 colleagues that I used to date a Chinese man and liked Chinese culture
  • My colleague has just returned from a holiday in Peru
  • A couple of days before this dream I watched a documentary about Edmund Kemper ('the Co-Ed Killer'), serial killer and necrophile
  • The day of this dream I had been discussing the texture of my hair with 3 girls I was working with
  • A couple of days before this dream I had been speaking to a colleague who comes from the same home town as AWB - and we had been discussing Midlands slang words
  • The day before this dream I had been discussing childbirth with my housemate, who is a trainee doctor and has to attend at a birth when she does obs and gynae as a module
  • The day before this dream I had been watching the Vogue '73 Questions' series online - in the Blake Lively one, she recounted an incident when her mother brought a child back from a yard sale

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream contained a clear reference to Kurt Cobain and Nirvana so I woke from it in a positive mood. I enjoyed this dream a lot as there was a degree of story progression and I recalled most of it very vividly. I particularly enjoyed Scenes 3 - 6, when I was dating the drug-dealing Chinese landlord!

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream had several clear connections to my dream incubation experiment theme - first of all PM was always known as a Kurt Cobain look-a-like while at school, and definitely styled himself on him - I think 'Pat' in the dream was PM (as they looked the same and share the same first name!). 'Pat Smear' is a definite Nirvana reference also! In the dream 'Pat' (the boyfriend) was dressed in a brown/beige cardigan similar to that worn by Kurt in the MTV Unplugged performance, in which Pat Smear also features. I also dreamed about heroin - Kurt Cobain was a notorious heroin addict. I feel that this was a very positive dream in light of my dream incubation experiment and I am confident that I might have a successfully incubated dream about meeting Kurt Cobain in the next couple of days, as clearly the 'seed' for this dream has been 'planted' in my subconscious mind!

* Although this dream was very vivid, I feel that I may have forgotten some aspects of it (in particular events happening in Scenes 3 - 6). If I recall anything further, I will record it below.


No comments:

Post a Comment