Sunday 20 September 2015

Dream 505

'Double-Rape'
Dream date: 18 September 2015

Day 11 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream
This is Day 11 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment and contains all relevant links.

Scene 1: A House - Time Unknown
I was watching a male dream character (unknown in real-life) who had a long golden amulet necklace with a prominent ruby in it. The male was young, white and with ginger hair. He was sitting on a step, so I saw him in profile. I cannot recall what he was wearing. He was telling someone (I cannot recall who) that his girlfriend, Scarlett Johansson had given it to him as a lucky charm.

I was then with my mum, in a dark room in the same building, and was aware that she had been raped twice, by 2 different (unnamed in the dream) men - both of whom I seemed to know in the dream (and real-life as I recall). My mum did not seem to be upset or anxious about the ordeal - I am not sure if I just knew about the rapes or whether she told me about them at this stage. I was worried, and walked through to a bedroom in this house. I laid down on the bed (white bed linen, no other details about the room recalled) and suddenly found myself being raped by a male, MR, who I went to school with, but whom I have not seen in many years. The rape did not involve force or any pain and MR did not say anything to me. I lay there passively, waiting for it to end. I was then aware that I was experiencing my mum's rape and MR was one of the rapists - I was re-living the rape vicariously, and although it felt like it was happening to me, it wasn't the case

Afterwards I walked back into the room where my mum was (it was unclear what type of room this was, and it was quite dark, with a white sofa against one of the walls). I realised the room was filled with bookshelves, making me assume it was a library.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 00:30 - 08:50 hours (I do not know when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NO

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • I experienced the physical sensation of my mum being raped

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • A room with books as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream I saw a news article about Scarlett Johansson (there were some photographs of her out walking)

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not as awful as it sounds. In the dream, I felt worried, but i did not feel any strong emotions, even after I experienced the physical sensation of being raped. There was no reference to Kurt Cobain.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream seems to have no clear connection to my dream incubation experiment. 

* I have forgotten some of the aspects of this dream which occurred after Scene 1 - I think that I did recall further parts of this dream upon waking, but because I did not record my dream immediately, the memories faded. However, because I am sure that I did remember them initially, If I remember anything further about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment