Thursday 16 April 2015

Dream 410

'Flesh Tunnel Snakes'
Dream date: 13 April 2015
I was in a festival environment - it was daytime and sunny. The festival was happening in a big field of grass, but there was a huge structure which was about three storeys high and had square glassless windows cut out, in which people could stand. It was almost like scaffolding. The atmosphere was really summery, bohemian and vibrant. 

There were two males - both were black or mixed-race and one was dressed in typical urban clothing and had short hair, while the other had a huge Afro hairstyle and was dressed very similar to the Dr Seuss' The Cat in the Hat (1957) - he was wearing a top hat and a red polka-dot bow-tie, which called this character to mind, but also a purple suit. It may be that he more closely resembled Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (specifically the Gene Wilder character in Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory (1971) movie adaptation). The two males were standing in the big structure and using megaphones to shout - I think they were making political statements, which I agreed with, but other members of the festival-going crowd (and there were hundreds of people there) were opposed to what was being said. My stepdad was one of them, but I persuaded him to listen and eventually he agreed that the males were talking sense. I cannot recall what was being said whatsoever. I then called the two males down from the structure, because we were being invited to join a band which was performing in a small enclosure a short distance away from the structure - near some brightly painted parked caravans. I could see RR - a girl from my school - was the guitarist in the band. I felt a sense of unity and togetherness.

Then, myself, the two males and some other dream characters (I am not sure who they were) decided to go for a walk. We ended up in the Premier Stores on Cromer Road, Sheringham (see Google Maps image, below). I decided to buy something, but I cannot recall what it was. I opened my purse to pay at the till and thought that I had lost my credit cards, but then saw they were still there. One of the dream characters was a tall, thin, white male in his 30s, who had the biggest flesh tunnel piercings in his ears - they reached down to his shoulders. The skin of his earlobes became part of an enormous, thin green snake which was looped all around his body - it looked really odd and freaky - I realised that the snake was part of his actual stretched ear lobes and must have been more than 10 metres long. He started smoking some cannabis in the doorway of the shop, and offered it to both me and the other male dream characters. We then heard police sirens, but I was aware the police were coming to arrest the dream characters for their political activism, not the possession of cannabis and I felt concerned for my 'friends'. 

TIME: 03:00 - 12:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The flesh tunnels/snake was completely impossible (F - Form)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Performance of a band
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I have recently bought my ticket to a festival being held this summer.
  • The Coachella Festival in California is currently taking place.
  • The day of this dream I had watched an episode of Come Dine With Me in which one of the contestants described herself as 'Willy Wonka'.
  • I have had recent dreams (Dream 407 & Dream 409) about being in a band or other persons being in a band - in real-life I am in the process of forming a band in my local area.
  • Shortly before this dream, I had been watching a programme in which a cookery show contestant had large flesh tunnels. This prompted me to question how people with this fashion trend will deal with their stretched earlobes when they grow older and remove the jewellery. 
  • I had recently been watching Peep Show in which one of the characters, Super Hans, often appears with a snake.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I didn't have any particular thoughts or emotions when I woke up from this dream.

* I am not sure if I have recalled everything that I possible could about this dream, but if I remember anything further, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment